Eastern Progress Sports Editor Zach Combest and James Mason sits down with EKU Hall of Fame football coach Roy Kidd and the first female sports editor for the Progress, Marla Ridenour. Ridenour was the first female sports reporter to be allowed into the EKU football locker room in the 1970s. She was also the first female to report on the Cleveland Browns NFL team and is in the Kentucky Journalism Hall of Fame. She was awarded the Professional Achievement Award by EKU this weekend.
Editing by James Mason
- SGA election results
- The Amazon is on fire... and no one’s talking about it
- Coming soon to Eastern
- Just keep walking: Don't fuel the hate preachers
- The Mix: Finding Deaf Culture TRANSCRIPTION
- Swiping left: Is classic dating a thing of the past?
- Rally for Student Bill of Rights
- Marching Colonels practice for Thurby performance
Support EKU Eastern Progress
Now offering online bill pay!
The Eastern Progress can now accept online payments for advertising and sponsorships. For more information about ad/sponsorship opportunities, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Now open in Berea: Brandi's Bakery and Bistro
- Kentucky Council on Postsecondary Education listening tour
- Berea council hears college update
- Baptist Health Richmond hosts Teddy Bear Fair
- Man, woman arrested for endangering children
- Benson not selected as chancellor at University of Mississippi
- Spooky Escape Room
- Man charged with strangulation, assault
- Freshmen find ways to feel at home at EKU
- Man charged with abusing child