Colin Kaepernick Says He Has Seen Little Change Since Leaving NFL
- unbranded - Sport
Former NFL star Colin Kaepernick claims he has not seen very little progress since he last played in the NFL. In an interview with Juana Summers on NPR, Kaepernick was asked whether he thought the NFL had changed for the better. Kaepernick responded that he hasn’t “seen any substantial change”. Kaepernick made headlines in 2016 when protested against racism by taking a knee during the national anthem. This act pushed him to the forefront of the already prominent Black Lives Matter social movement. Kaepernick used his platform to express his political views and accused NFL owners of blackballing him because of it. "I think there is a lot of work to do on that front. Obviously, not playing and being out of the NFL for six years is an indictment on where they are currently at. So I wouldn't put them at the forefront of goodwill and best of intentions in how they operate", Colin Kaepernick. Kaepernick has not played in the NFL since the controversy in 2016.
Post a comment as anonymous
Watch this discussion. Stop watching this discussion.
Submit Your News
- Kentucky Graduate Profile Academy aiming to bridge the gap in student skills
- Graduates turn their tassels at 2023 spring graduation
- Eastern Progress senior farewells
- EKU professor travels abroad with dedication and open arms to all students
- Surely destined for success: Galloway thrives in EKU's College of Business
- Carter a "stand out all around"
- Dusting off history: Yopp researches Kentucky's complex legacy
- Smith hopes to create an impact as new dean
Subscribe to the Eastern Progress Newsletter
Stay up to date and informed on everything that is happening at Eastern Kentucky University! Subscribe to the Eastern Progress newsletter for free today and support student media at EKU!
Now offering online bill pay!
The Eastern Progress can now accept online payments for advertising, sponsorships and donations. For more information about ad/sponsorship opportunities, email email@example.com.
- Arizona Wildcats upset No. 1 seed Stanford, advance to Pac-12 Tournament final
- Spanish guard Conrad Martinez reportedly commits to Arizona Wildcats
- Justin Spears: Former Wildcat Kyle Fogg's unique basketball career should be celebrated more
- Sizing up Arizona Wildcats' roster after reported commitment of Spanish PG Conrad Martinez
- 1 in 5 U.S. Seniors Now Skip Meds Because of Cost
- Why people prefer cash over credit cards for guilty pleasures
- Johnny Depp ‘was cleaned up’ for Cannes Film Festival
- Chandler 2025 OL Toby Mealer decommits from Arizona Wildcats
- Guns N' Roses adds more acts to BST Hyde Park concert
- Lady Gaga took makeup inspiration from young boy on TikTok
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular videos.
Welcome to the discussion.
Keep it Clean. Please avoid obscene, vulgar, lewd, racist or sexually-oriented language.
PLEASE TURN OFF YOUR CAPS LOCK.
Don't Threaten. Threats of harming another person will not be tolerated.
Be Truthful. Don't knowingly lie about anyone or anything.
Be Nice. No racism, sexism or any sort of -ism that is degrading to another person.
Be Proactive. Use the 'Report' link on each comment to let us know of abusive posts.
Share with Us. We'd love to hear eyewitness accounts, the history behind an article.