Eastern Kentucky University football will take on the University of Central Arkansas for Homecoming at Roy Kidd Stadium on Saturday.
The Colonels are coming off of a 31-29 loss last week to Troy after a last-second field goal.
“We are disappointed in the outcome of Saturday’s game… there’s a lot of things we could have done better,” head coach Walt Wells said.
This will be the first time the teams have met.
“We are looking forward to getting back to Roy Kidd Stadium and homecoming which is virtual,” Wells said.
EKU was chosen as the Stats Perform FCS Team of the Week after its near upset at Troy. EKU totaled 425 yards of offense and forced three turnovers against the Trojans.
“I’m proud of our kids because recognition is something that goes a long way… our coaches and kids played well… but it's hard for me to get fired up about it when we didn’t finish the game,” Wells said.
EKU Athletics has released the following regarding COVID-19 protocols:
- Masks will be required throughout the entirety of the contest. Ushers will be monitoring making throughout the contest. Anyone who refuses to wear their masks appropriately will be escorted from the venue.
- All patrons will be required to wear facemasks when traveling through the parking lots and socializing.
- No shuttle services from the parking lots to the stadium will be provided during the 2020 season.
- Upon entry into Roy Kidd Stadium, fans and staff will be temperature screened using an infrared thermometer prior to entry.
- Hand sanitizing stations will be located in the stadium.
- Signage will be displayed in common areas to assist with physical distancing.
- A comprehensive in-game custodial cleaning plan will include restrooms, team spaces, premium spaces, high-traffic areas and protocol to dispatch custodial services to any area of the stadium for specific needs.
The Colonels have a record of 1-4 and the Bears enter the game, 3-3.
The Bears opened the 2020 season with a 24-17 win against Ohio Valley Conference member Austin Peay. UCA has defeated Missouri State twice, once at home and once on the road, including a 33-24 win in Springfield on Saturday.
EKU will host Central Arkansas on Saturday, Oct. 24 at Roy Kidd Stadium. Kickoff is set for 3 p.m. and the game will air live on ESPN3.