The Eastern Progress has been serving the Eastern Kentucky University community since 1922. The Eastern Progress provides opportunities for students to gain hands-on experience in a newsroom and broadcasting and podcasting studios.
As an independent student network, the Eastern Progress is funded entirely by sponsors and advertisers.
The Eastern Progress publishes a print edition every Tuesday during the fall and spring semesters based on the Eastern Kentucky University academic calendar. Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the Eastern Progress will not be publishing a print issue during the 2020-21 academic year.
Our online news source is updated constantly at easternprogress.com, Facebook, Twitter and Instagram (@easternprogress).
If you're interested in joining the staff, please fill out this interest form and email it to Editor-in-Chief Zachery Combest at email@example.com or adviser Tricia Kelley at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Martin Luther King Jr Day remembrance
- ‘Hello... it’s SGA’: the wait is finally over
- Balogun’s 4,000 mile adventure to EKU basketball
- SGA election results
- The Amazon is on fire... and no one’s talking about it
- Coming soon to Eastern
- Just keep walking: Don't fuel the hate preachers
- The Mix: Finding Deaf Culture TRANSCRIPTION
Support The Eastern Progress Media Network
Now offering online bill pay!
The Eastern Progress can now accept online payments for advertising, sponsorships and donations. For more information about ad/sponsorship opportunities, email email@example.com.
- UPDATE: EKU football kicker Landon White claims player safety at risk; responds to Athletic Director's statement
- EKU Project Manager, Steven Frazier, passes away
- Former EKU professor, Glenn Jackson, indicted for murder
- EKU softball hires Robyn Leighton as assistant coach
- EKU updates students on return to school plan
- EKU soccer hires assistant coach Mitch Hepburn
- Ball State dropped from Wyoming's football schedule
- Nostalgic mementos helps former Wildcat Williams recall his recruitment by UA
- Simon Cowell hospitalized after bike fall
- Parking permits available for 2020-21 academic year