To place your community, civic organization, church or family event/meeting in the community calendar, email: firstname.lastname@example.org. The calendar runs in each edition of The Register and online every Sunday at richmondregister.com.
• The Richmond Exchange Club meeting, 5:30 p.m., Gillum’s Sports Lounge. The program is Iddah Otieno, The wonders of Kenya. The meeting is open to the public. For more information, call Charles Hay at 859-314-7186.
• The Madison County chapter of the The Women's Network meeting, 6 p.m., Central Bank Community Room, Richmond. There will be refreshments and a speaker on public policy following. All are welcome.
• Madison County Fiscal Court meeting, 9:30 a.m., Madison County Courthouse located at 101 West Main Street, Richmond.
• Madison Central Youth Services Center Advisory Council meeting, 3:30 p.m., Phillips Building Center, 704 N. Second St., Richmond. Meeting is open to the public.
• NAMI Madison County February Meeting, 5-6:30 p.m., board room of Saint Joseph Berea, 305 Estill St., Berea. Meeting focus is "Loneliness and Relationships." There will be food for everyone. The mental health support group is for individuals with a mental illness, family or caregivers of mentally ill.
• Richmond City Commission meeting, 6 p.m., Commission Chambers, 239 West Main Street, Richmond.
• Madison Co. Special Olympics Special Needs Valentine’s Day Dance, 6-8:30 p.m., Folk Center, Berea. Event is free.
• Veterans Coalition Outreach Meeting, 6-7 p.m., Jesse M. Dykes American Legion Hall Post 12, 550 South Keeneland Dr. Richmond. All members of the Kentucky Sixth District Veterans Coalition who reside in Madison County and the surrounding counties are invited. This is a meeting with Congressman Barr’s staff and he will not be in attendance. Congressman Barr’s National Security Fellow, Matthew Bradford, will be leading the meeting. For additional information regarding future meetings and current legislative actions, please visit the Kentucky Sixth District Veterans Coalition Facebook page, @KY06VetsCoalition.
• Open Mic Night, 7 p.m., Berea Arts Council, 444 Chestnut St., Berea. Share your poems, essays, or short fiction with other writers or hear others read their work.
• Bag It breakfast meeting, 9 a.m., Berea Arts Council, 444 Chestnut Street, Berea. Agenda includes a guest speaker, Martina LeForce, who will lead a discussion on what she sees as a dire issue for Berea – overflowing trash receptacles. We will also review the progression of our ecobrick projects, upcoming events, results of brainstorming sessions, and projected work for 2019.
• The Madison County Retired Teachers luncheon, 11:30 a.m., Gibson Bay Café, Richmond. The speaker this month is Kenny Davis, a 1978 Olympic silver medalist.
• Bluegrass Mystery Theatre presents "Death by Chocolate", 6:30 p.m. Vintage 18, Richmond. Tickets are $40 and includes the show plus a delicious meal of salad, steak or chicken, mashed potatoes & green beans, rolls and chocolate mousse. To purchase tickets, call (859) 575-1236.
• Central KY Chapter of the Vietnam Veterans of America, Chapter 1066, 6:30 p.m., Hampton Inn, Richmond. All veterans and spouses are invited to come out and visit.
• Jammin’ on the Porch, 7 p.m., Russel Acton Folk Center, 212 W Jefferson St., Berea. Bring your instrument and join in the jam session. Father and daughter duo, Lewis and Donna Lamb host the event. For more information, call the Berea Welcome Center at 800-598-5263 or 859-986-2540.
• Stephenson Memorial Concert: Corey Ledet & His Zydeco Band, 8 p.m., Phelps Stokes Auditorium, Berea College Campus. Free and open to the public.
• Third Friday Contra Dance, 8 p.m., 128 N Broadway., Berea. No partner or experience is needed. All dances are taught first and then prompted. For more information, call 859-985-5501 or go to www.bereacontradance.org.
• Piano Day All Day Camp at EKU.
• Madison County Farmers’ Winter Market, 9 a.m.- 1 p.m., the Richmond Mall, 830 Eastern Bypass. More info at https://madisonkyfarmersmarket.com/.
• Berea Farmers Market, 10 a.m.-1 p.m., 101 Fee St. For more information go to, bereafarmersmarket.org.
• Guided Hike at the Pinnacles, 1 p.m., 2047 Big Hill Rd., Berea. The Forestry Outreach Center will be hosting guided hikes. Weather permitting, a Forestry Outreach Center volunteer or staff member will lead educational hikes on varying trails in the BC Forest. For more information, call 859-756-6094.
• English Country Dance Valentine Ball, 8 p.m., Russel Acton Folk Center, 212 W Jefferson St., Berea. Get romantic to English and Contra, under the expert leadership of Chrissy Davis-Camp, the sensational music of Liza DiSavino, A.j. Bodnar, Alice White, and Al White, and the excellent hospitality of the Berea Festival Dancers and their families. Themed or period attire is admired but not required. There is an admission fee. A free teaching session will be held from 3:30-5:30 p.m.
• Berea Storytellers Meeting, 2 p.m., Weaver’s Bottom Studio, 140 N Broadway, Berea. An open and casual association of folks who like stories. Bring a story to share.
• Presidents Day Kid-a-Palooza, 8 a.m.-5 p.m., EKU Campus Recreation. Day camp for children who are in Kindergarten to children who have just completed 6th grade. Drop-off starts at 7:30 a.m. and pick up starts at 4:45 p.m. Registration will be available online and in person at the Fitness and Wellness Center. Full payment is due at the time of registration. Parents are responsible for packing their child's lunch and snacks for the day.
• The Richmond Exchange Club meeting, 5:30 p.m., Gillum’s Sports Lounge. The program speaker is Victoria Benge, Executive Director of Court Appointed Special Advocates (CASA) of Madison County. The meeting is open to the public. For more information, call Charles Hay at 859-314-7186.