Eastern Kentucky University parking announced multiple changes are coming for the fall semester that will enhance parking services provided to Eastern students, faculty, staff and visitors.
A new system called NuPark will be used to scan license plates and will eliminate the need for the traditional parking passes.
According to an email sent to students on July 19, university parking said NuPark replaces the BOSSCARS system that was previously used and is ready to register vehicles. Students can register their vehicle on EKUDirect.
“This summer EKU Parking and Transportation Services has been busy working to upgrade the parking registration system, and we are pleased to announce improvements now available with the NuPark system,” according to an email from university parking.
According to university parking, NuPark will:
streamline access directly available from any web platform/internet connected device
allow for easy registration of multiple vehicles or vehicle changes
eliminate the need to display a vehicle hang tag by utilizing “virtual permits” and license plate scanning technology
implement environmentally-friendly and cost-effective practices with the elimination of plastic permits and fewer paper citations
Visitors may register their vehicle in advance of their campus visit through the NuPark portal using a personal email address.
increase efficiencies and accuracy in vehicle registration, management and enforcement
operate with no additional parking fee increase
Despite the ability to register more than one vehicle to their account, parking says that only one vehicle per registered permit is permitted to park on campus at the same time. The NuPark system can detect multiple vehicles registered to a single individual. The concurrent use of two vehicles for a single permit registration will be subject to citations.
To allow proper scanning of plates, people parking on campus are encouraged to park with their license plate fully visible.
Parking citations will no longer be printed and affixed to vehicles. Citations will be sent directly to the owners’ registered EKU email address and will be payable online.
Short-term parking at EKU meter spaces, and the pay-to-park areas of the Parking Garage and Crabbe Street lot will now use the ParkMobile payment app.
Temporary paid parking can be purchased through ParkMobile for the designated zone and additional time can be added remotely through the app. Rates begin at .50 cents for 20 minutes.
The annual employee/student permits remain $140 for the 2019-20 school year, discounted EKU and Veteran plate registrations are $80.
Students can register their car by going to EKUDirect. Here are the steps students need to follow:
1. Access the NuPark portal at https://eku.nupark.com/portal or through the Vehicle Registration link in the Main Menu of EKU Direct.
2. From the NuPark homepage, click “EKU email” and login with your EKU student email and password.
3. Click the “Buy Permit” tab.
4. Follow the registration steps 1-6 to enter your vehicle and license plate information for your registration.
5. Enter your full license plate information with no dashes or spaces, including any vertically listed letters or numbers on a specialty plate. This information should be exactly as it appears on your plate.
6. For EKU and veteran plate discounts, please upload required documentation.
7. Your balance due will bill automatically to your student account.
8. Your license plate is now the only EKU parking permit you will need! Please observe all parking zones and regulations.