Although the first few weeks on campus are full of welcome-back activities and events to showcase student groups, eventually things will wind down and campus can get boring. Richmond is bigger than you might think, however, and there are plenty of things to do on a day when you have spare time.
- Go to Lake Reba
- Visit local stores (Salvation Army, Botany Bay, Currier’s Music Store, KY Shelf Life, Dreaming Creek Brewery, Purdy’s)
- Go to Lexington
- Hike in Berea at the Berea Pinnacles
- Go to the movies (Tuesday night is student night and tickets are $5.50)
- Attend a concert at the EKU Center for the Arts
- Get a tattoo at one of Richmond’s various tattoo parlors downtown
- Go miniature golfing at Lake Reba
- Go to the water park at Lake Reba
- Drive around
- Visit Jigwater Creek
There are many more activities and places to visit. Just grab some friends, hop in a car, and go.