Police Beat for November 11
All information is taken from Eastern police reports.Oct. 30
- David Owens was arrested and charged with alcohol intoxication in a public place after police responded to a report of a verbal altercation in the Alumni Coliseum lot. Upon arrival, an officer located Owens, who was unsteady on his feet, had slurred speech and smelled of alcoholic beverages. Owens was lodged in the Madison County Detention Center.
- Dylan Kupper was arrested and charged with alcohol intoxication in a public place after an officer observed him urinating in the Alumni Coliseum lot. Upon contact with Kupper, the officer noticed he was unsteady on his feet, had slurred speech and bloodshot eyes. Kupper was lodged in the Madison County Detention Center.
- Samantha Snyder was arrested and charged with alcohol intoxication in a public place after an officer observed Snyder’s friends carrying her toward the Begley building for the football game. The officer told Snyder’s friends that they needed to go back to their tailgate area because Snyder would not be allowed into the game in her condition. Snyder then spoke up, stating that she could walk on her own and attempted, unsuccessfully, to walk on her own. The officer then advised the friends to take Snyder back to their tailgate area, and her friends said they would take her back to her dorm. Approximately five minutes later, the officer observed the females once again carrying Snyder down one of the parking rows toward the Begley building. Snyder was lodged in the Madison County Detention Center.
- A male reported that an unknown individual entered his room and stole his iPod. The male said he put the iPod in the charger and when he was leaving to go home the next afternoon, the iPod was missing. The male said he always locks the room when he is not there. The officer saw no signs of forced entry. The total stolen value is an estimated $200.
- A male reported that he had received a harassing text message from his roommate. The male said his roommate had been borrowing his possessions without permission for some time, and left the roommate a note advising him not to borrow any more of his belongings without his consent. The roommate responded to the note with a text message that said, “Yo dog shut your mouth. You a stank ass bitch imma [expletive] you ’til you love my [expletive]. Your forreal nothing but a bitch.” The male said he did not want to press charges at this time.