All information in the Police Beat is taken from Eastern police reports.Oct. 17
- Tyler Witt was arrested on a charge of operating a motor vehicle under the influence of alcohol, after passing an officer while driving a Penske moving truck and holding a red plastic cup in his hand. After the truck passed the officer, he noticed the rear truck door was open and there were several individuals “partying” inside. Witt failed several sobriety tests.
- David Dunn of Woollum and Colt Sells of Paducah were both arrested and charged with alcohol intoxication in a public place after an officer observed them urinating in the Alumni Coliseum parking lot.
- An officer witnessed a man trip and fall, striking his head and face on the concrete at the crosswalk between Alumni Coliseum and the Begley Building. Madison County Emergency Medical Services responded to the scene, and first aid was provided. The man continued on to the football game.
- The Madison County EMS responded to a male subject who had been punched in the face by an unknown person. When the officer arrived, the subject was lying in the back of a Penske truck, which was being rented by the Pi Kappa Alpha Fraternity. The subject was unconscious and had heavy bleeding from his face and mouth.
- John Wood of Frankfort was arrested and charged with alcohol intoxication, when an officer witnessed him stumbling out of the Telford Parking lot at 2:45 a.m. after causing a string of disturbances earlier in the evening. A female student claimed Wood slapped her at Taco Bell earlier and then followed her back to Telford Hall, where he had to be escorted from the building.
- Jordan Hylton of Winchester was arrested and charged with alcohol intoxication in a public place after an officer was dispatched to Keene Hall. The officer asked Hylton to recite the alphabet D-Q. Hytlon skipped several letters.