By Adam Baker/News editor
And the race is on. Candidates running for Student Government Association positions were announced Wednesday by Matt Schumacher, SGA associate chief of staff after he verified all met GPA requirements.
SGA president and executive vice president slates include:
* Lance Melching for president; Colmon Elridge for executive vice president.
* Craig Pike for president; Susan DeHart for executive vice president
* J.C. Young for president; Amy Jo Smith for executive vice president.
Candidates for Resident Life Council Vice President include:
* Jeffrey Conner
* C.E. Huffman
* Darnetta Sanders
* Christopher Thomason
Candidates for Student Activities Council Vice President include:
* Lindsey Baker
* Donna Hammons
* Tia Hill
Candidates will debate at 7 p.m. Monday in the Student Services Building Auditorium.
Students running for seats on RLC include:
* Laura Gash, McGregor Hall
* Brandy Parker, Dupree Hall
Students running for seats on SAC include:
* Amelia Adkisson, Sorority
* Megan Alexander, Residence Hall
* Crystal Benham, Activity/Interest
* Whitney Bowles, Residence Hall
* Jessica Brown, Honorary
* Amanda Deerfield, Departmental
* Clint Evans, Activity/Interest
* Jenna Fields, Sorority
* Casey Green, Residence Hall
* Kristin Hale, Honorary
* Amelia Hogan, Service
* John Jenkins, Departmental
* Alison King, Sorority
* J. Bryan Lovely, Fraternity
* Nate McGee, Fraternity
* Josh Mitchell, Fraternity
* Megan Pitstick, Sorority
* Nicholas Shelton, Departmental
* Andrew Trice, Fraternity
* Carie Wertz, Departmental
Students running for seats on the Student Senate include:
Carl Graham is running for extended campus chair at Eastern’s Danville campus.
See next week’s issue for profiles of the candidates and additional SGA election coverage.
Reach Adam at email@example.com